Thursday, April 4, 2013

10 Things I Love about 14 Months

I thought it would be fun to write down a few things that I love about Savannah at this age. She's doing so many new things, and I want to remember what age she was when she started doing them:

1. I love your "sponginess". You soak up new words and knowledge daily. I love seeing the lightbulbs go off when you learn a new word, or how a new toy works.
2. I love giving you a bottle at the end of the day. I know that very soon, we are going to have to get rid of the bottles. For now, though, I love snuggling with you and relaxing as you end your day with a bottle.
3. Even though it can be frustrating at times, I do love that sometimes, you only want Mommy, and that if you are upset, you turn to me to calm you down. I love being the number one person in your world.
4. I love seeing you interact with the world around you. When we are out places, you often wave hi and bye bye to the people who talk past us. I think it's hilarious to watch them smile and wave back at you. You bring joy to everyone, not just Mommy and Daddy!
5. I know that your days of being non-mobile are drawing to a close. Though I know that you are anxious to get up and walk, I am enjoying you being where I put you and not being into everything. Especially now that I know that your gross motor development is a bit slower, but still normal!
6. I love how well you eat. You love to eat, and eat most everything that I put in front of you! We are working on the spoon and fork, and you are good at it as long as we put the food on the utensil for you. You make very funny faces when you eat raw tomatoes, but that's about it. You love, and don't appear to have any allergies or sensativities to any foods.
7. I love reading to you. You are old enough that you are participating in books. You know the gestures to make in response to certain pages, and it's fun to watch the things that you are interested in. You are sure to let me know which books you like, and which ones you have no patience for!
8. I love that you still have some of your baby habits, but you are growing into a toddler so fast. You still rub your eyes when you are tired, you still snuggle when drinking your bottle, and you still sleep in your crib on your tummy with your behind up in the air.
9. I love how great you are at sleeping. You still take two naps- one around 9am, and one around 2pm. You go to bed between 6:30 and 7, and wake up around 6am. You sleep through the night, and generally go down without a fuss.
10. I love your little body- your round tummy, chubby cheeks, tiny hands and feet, and your legs with the rolls. I even love your mullet! As you grow older, these things will stretch out and grow away, but for now, I love them.

In 5 days, you will be 15 months- where has the time gone! I love you Savannah!

No comments:

Post a Comment