Thursday, December 15, 2011

35 Weeks- NO WAY!

How Far Along: 35 Weeks (in theory, only 5 to go). I can't believe that in 5 weeks, this baby will be here! As of next week, I start going to the doctor weekly. Amazing how fast this has gone!


Size of Baby: Weighs as much as a honeydew melon, which is around 5.25 pounds. Over 5 pounds- that just amazes me. I feel bad for her- she must be getting pretty crowded in there!

Maternity Clothes: All maternity pants and some maternity shirts, though I still wear as many of my non-maternity things as I can get away with. My wardrobe is so incredibly limited at this point, which isn't really fun, but with only 5 weeks to go, I'm going to make do with what I have!

Movement: She does move a lot, though as she gets bigger, the movement feels different. She definately doesn't have the room to flip all over the place like she did before. But I still get some good jabs from an elbow/knee/some other sharp body part!
Symptoms: I feel pretty good. In the last week, I have been experiencing SUPER swollen feet. Mick says that my feet look like Bilbo Baggins feet (apparently that is some hobbit character from the Lord of the Rings movies). As you can imagine, this comment is less than complimentary and of course, all of my cute shoes and boots are just taunting me to wear them! My hands are a little swollen, so I can't wear my wedding ring anymore. It is definately hard to get up off of the floor/couch. And of course, there is the belly. Seems like everywhere that I go, people make some kind of comment (don't worry, you'll be here soon enough, etc.).
Cravings: Nothing specific. I'm trying to eat healthy and sensibly, though my love of sweets has definately come back after the first trimester.

What I am looking forward to: Finishing the baby's room over Christmas break! Once that is done, I feel like I will feel ready for her to make her appearance. I also look forward to going to the doctor next week and finding out if she is breech still. We found out on Thanksgiving Day (when we made a stop to L and D to make sure that everything was okay) that she was breech. According to the doctor, they will check next week to see if she has remained that way and then we will discuss what the options are as far as trying to get her to turn head down.
Thoughts: I can't believe there is only 5 more weeks. I'm still largely in disbelief. But we are so excited to become a mommy and daddy and to meet our little girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment