Monday, August 8, 2011

Big News!

I haven't written in a while, mainly because I was waiting to be able to write this big post!

If you look a few posts earlier, you will see the day of the Jimmy Buffet concert. Well, this was a VERY significant day for Mick and I, because we began to strongly suspect that we might be taking a third person to the concert.

The next day, we got confirmation- we are officially PREGNANT!

That's right, we will be adding a new member to the Metzger family on January 16, 2011. That puts me at 15 weeks right now, so here are a few stats that I hope to update each week.

How Far Along: 15 Weeks
Size of Baby: Apple!
Maternity Clothes: Sundresses are the only old clothes that I fit into. I can wear some of my pants, but only if I hold the snaps together with a rubber band!
Movement: Hard to say. There have been several times where I have felt what I thought might be movement from the baby, but I am really looking forward to a good strong jab in the ribs!
Symptoms: Still having some nausea- I think that I have eaten my weight in Wintergreen Lifesavers! I am also having a harder time sleeping through the entire night. People say that is nature's way of preparing you to get up with the baby, so maybe that is true!
Cravings: Pickles, especially dill pickles. I also crave condiments of any kind, like ranch, mayo, ketchup, etc. Surprisingly, I don't crave sweet things as much as I did pre-pregnancy.
What I am looking forward to: Everyone knowing the great news. Most of our family and friends know, but I look forward to looking really pregnant and not just round around the middle!

No comments:

Post a Comment