Monday, August 8, 2011

Sneak preview

This weekend, we were fortunate enough to go visit our dear friends Laura and Kyle Branson. I always feel especially proud of them as a couple because I was the one who introduced the two of them. Little did I know that years later, we would be visiting them to celebrate the birth of their precious baby boy Kellen!

Mick and I really enjoyed getting a preview of what life with a 2 month old is like. I know that both of us have not spent much extended time with babies that little in our adult lives. We definitely learned that it is a lot of work, but so rewarding and Laura and Kyle seem to be getting the hang of it pretty quickly!

So, here is my 16 week post.

How Far Along: 16 Weeks


Size of Baby: Turnip

Maternity Clothes: Sundresses are the only old clothes that I fit into. I got a great stash of maternity clothes from Laura, and was excited to be able to fit into a pair of pants that I didn't have to hold closed with a hair elastic!
Movement: Pretty sure that baby was poking me the other night in bed, but still waiting for that first big kick!
Symptoms: Nausea seems to have let up a bit. I am starting to notice that it is getting a bit harder to breathe if I slump over. Oh well, this will just make me have good posture!
Cravings: Still loving pickles, pizza, veggies with dill dip, and watermelon. The basic 4 food groups!
What I am looking forward to: All of the students coming back to school and me getting to share my news with them (and scoping out potential babysitters). I also go to the doctor next week, so I look forward to being one appointment closer to finding out the sex of the baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment