Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Here we go again!

NOTE: At the time I am writing this, I am 7 wks, 1 day pregnant according to Baby Center. I'll go for my first OB visit in a few weeks, so that due date may be adjusted after that. But I wanted to record these things in the time they were happening!

Mick and I always talked about wanting our kids to be close together. We loved the idea of having them close together so they could play together, be friends, and enjoy the same things around the same times.

We have had it really easy with Savannah. Yes, she's a 16 month old, which means that she definitely has her times where she is demanding, clingy, and even a little sassy (can't imagine where she would get that from). But for the most part, she's been an easy baby. She is a good sleeper, a great eater, and despite her slight gross motor delays, she's met or exceeded all of her milestones. We are truly blessed to have such a wonderful baby!

Mick and I decided that we would let go and see what happened. Well, as with Savannah, once we let go, we REALLY let go! We are so blessed that getting pregnant has not been a challenge for us. So many of my friends have faced this challenge, and my heart goes out to them because I can't imagine what a stress that has to be on your mental and physical well-being.

Pretty much as soon as I could, I took a pregnancy test. Though it was very faint, the line was there. Of course, as most women do, why stop at one test when you can take 4? Over the next few days, I took several more, which all confirmed what the initial test had said- PREGNANT! I told Mick by wrapping up the test and putting it in the bed with Savannah so that when he went in to pick her up in the morning, there it was. In typical male fashion, he ignored the gold box in the bed with the baby completely?!?! I had to tell him to open it. When he did, he stared at it for a while, looked at me, and said, "Is this a thermometer? Why did you wrap up a thermometer?" And I stared at him in disbelief. Once he actually looked at it, it became more clear, and then he was excited.

So, here we go again! According to Baby Center, this baby is due on January 14, 2014- almost 2 years to the day younger than Savannah. I mean, why stop at one January baby when you can have two?

So far, this pregnancy has been different than Savannah. About a week ago, right around 6 1/2 weeks, I started feeling nauseous all day long. It is worst in the late morning and gets better by the evening. But it's still rather unpleasant. Today was the first day I've actually thrown up- good times.

We are looking forward to seeing the doctor and that first ultrasound. What a whirlwind the next few months will be, but what blessings we have to be thankful for. Thanks for reading and keeping up with our journey to a family of four!

Here's our future big sister telling some important news to our parents. What a sweet big sis she will be!

No comments:

Post a Comment