Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Savannah's big girl room


This past weekend, Mick's wonderful parents took Savannah and Noah to spend the weekend with them in Cape Girardeau.

Mick and I got a chance to relax and have some "couple" time, which was wonderful. However, the main reason why they were there was so that we could finally get around to painting the kids rooms (we've only lived here for 7 months, I know...)

All of the design decisions were based on the amazingly colorful duvet cover that I found at Pottery Barn Teen a while back. That, and the fact that I really wanted Savannah to have my wrought iron bed, which was my first big girl bed as well!

Therefore, here is the finished product. We are still missing a few things (wall hangings above the bed, curtains, etc.), but overall I'm really happy with the way that things are coming together!

One half of the room- I LOOOVE this bed!

The rails aren't very pretty, but they are definitely necessary at her age!


The pin board was white, but I painted it with the hot pink paint and I love it! The mirror will get hung in the room somewhere.

These are Ikea spice racks that I painted pink- I love them for book ledges!


The sweet side tables are from Target and I love them. The alarm clock is designed to turn green at the time when it's okay to get out of bed in the morning. So far, she seems to be getting the concept, though she keeps unplugging it, so I've become and expert at setting the clock!
It's been an interesting transition for her to a real bed. She was in a crib until right after her 3rd birthday, when she finally figured out that she could climb out of bed. Since then, bedtime has been a battle to say the least. Here's hoping that having a room this pretty will make her want to go to bed easily and be the good sleeper that I always bragged to everyone about!

Unfortunately, this makeover did have a sudden an unexpected turn. Let's just say that the 20 year old white carpet will never be the same again. But more to come on that in another post!

With much Metzger love,

Meredith


No comments:

Post a Comment