Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Sweet Savannah turns 3!

It is so hard to believe that last Friday, we celebrated our baby turning 3. I'm always in awe of how much children change from month to month, when as adults, I feel like I stay pretty much the same. But looking at pictures from even three and six months ago, she looks like a whole new person!

Savannah is a sweet, spunky three year old with personality for days. Sometimes this is a blessing, and sometimes, the greatest challenge of my day. :-) She is headstrong and always wants things done her way, on her schedule, and with her as the star of the show. As the oldest child, I can't imagine where my oldest child gets all of these traits...

She loves to eat (most days), loves her little brother (most days), has a great time at school and the daycare at the gym (most days), and above all, she loves Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse, and the rest of the Clubhouse gang with ever fiber of her being (all days, nights, weekends, holidays, etc.)

For her birthday, Mick and I decided to take her ice skating. Though she didn't really get the hang of it, she did have a great time watching Mick and I skate around her, and sitting on a chair on the ice. She was brave enough to try it a few times, which I was really proud of her for.

She also got moved into a big girl bed (her crib with the front taken off), and this weekend, Mick and I plan to redo her room and give her a real big girl bed. I am really excited about that as I think she is really going to like it.

We went to the doctor today. She weighs 31.2 lbs and is 37 inches tall. She's still a peanut, but growing how she should and meeting all of her milestones, which I'm so grateful for.

She has had a little trouble going to bed lately, so I've been trying several tactics. I'm going to see which ones work and then I'll report back so I can remember them for when Noah turns three. Eek!

Here are some pictures from her birthday. We will have a party with her friends the first weekend in February, but we were able to celebrate with family on Saturday, and she enjoyed the presents, but most of all, the family and of course, the cake.
I love this picture. It shows how much they really love each other (even if they don't always act like it!)

In her big girl bed. She wasn't very happy about it...


No comments:

Post a Comment