Monday, May 9, 2016

Happy Mothers Day Monday!

Happy Mothers' Day to all of the moms out there. Being a mom has brought me a lot of joy, and challenged me in ways that I never knew I wanted to be challenged.

Sometimes I feel that people try to paint such a pretty picture of being a parent. And some of the time, it is a pretty picture. You have things handled, in a routine that works for your family, and you feel like everything is going okay.

But that's the tricky thing about parenting. As soon as you think you have something figured out, your kids will go and throw you a curve ball in a way you could have never imagined. I've learned that so much of parenting is being able to take challenges as they come along and to make those challenges work for you.

But I digress. With that said, it was a great day celebrating a lot of the wonderful women in my life. And for them, I couldn't be more grateful.

Beware: picture overload below!

On Friday, Miss Shannon took Noah and Connor on Ava's field trip to the zoo! They had the best time together!
Shannon sent me this text along with this picture of Noah. I laughed for a good 5 minutes. I'm so glad that I found someone with a sense of humor who loves my little guy!

Um...giddy up?

These two- Miss Shannon is a saint. That's all I can figure...

Friday, we had Mothers Day Tea at Savannah's preschool. It was so fun to see her in her element. 

She would only take the above picture if we took a silly one as well...
Saturday, Savannah's favorite person, Grace, celebrated her First Communion. Does't she look beautiful!
And we went to a Derby party that evening! I loved getting to wear my hat again. I'll post a little tutorial on how I dressed up my hat sometime this week.

The whole family in our Derby attire!

Brody, Savannah, Sheridan and Noah- they were loving the hats!
I love this picture of the girls checking out each other's dresses! They are such cute friends!

We are going to be in a LOT of trouble when these two get to high school...

Then on Sunday, we celebrated Mothers Day with Mass and a delicious Brunch at the Tavern. We also celebrated in Perryville and got to see Grandma Donna. It was a wonderful day filled with family.
With my sweet mom and mother in law- two amazing women!

After Mass with Joann

After brunch- only missing Ally and Savannah, who wanted nothing to do with this picture! :-) 

Noah was in LOVE with this Gator- my city kids sure love the farm life.

With Grandma Donna- she's getting stronger every day we are so grateful.

Deep thoughts on the swings with Grandma Julie!
Phew! That was a lot of pictures, even for me! Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment